Sunday, June 13, 2010

Getting started...

I have always had a love of being outdoors.  I enjoy camping, hiking, kayaking, and most other outdoor activities (except fishing).  Most of my working life has been in construction where I spent most days in non-atmospheric controlled environments.  I want my young children to love being outdoors as much as I do and to instill in them a strong desire to participate in outdoor activities.  In addition to this, it is a time of priceless memories that they can carry with them through their lives of things we have done and seen together on our adventures.

Conner (5) and Elijah (3) love being outside, and we take family vacations camping in the Smoky Mountains.  So this will not be something totally new and foreign to them.  Planned hiking with packs and destinations is not something we have done much of.  Elijah's short legs give out on him very quickly (compared to mine) but he is growing.  I have been waiting impatiently for the boys to be old enough to start doing this, and I am excited at the prospect of getting started.

As of now, we do not have gear.  So part of this blog will be tracking our gear acquisitions as well as our trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment