Monday, October 3, 2011

Trail Names

Now that we've hiked the Appalachian Trail, it seems proper that we should give ourselves trail names.

Dugout
I have chosen DuGout as my trail name.  It's not that I have any particular affinity for baseball, though I do appreciate it. I even enjoy watching a pitch or two once a year or so (preferably during the ninth inning of the tied up Game 7 of the World Series with the home team at bat, bases loaded, and the league's most prolific batter in the box).  My trail name has more to do with my chronic genetically inflicted affliction: Gout.  More specifically, "THE Gout," or Da Gout, or as I prefer to spell it, DuGout.  There, now you know.  Blisters aren't the only foot ailment I have to watch out for.

BC (Conner)
Conner's trail name is a bit simpler in origin.  His name being Bryson Conner, he chose to be BC.











Elijah is not really into the hiking thing, and hasn't yet chosen a trail name.












No comments:

Post a Comment